Getting work experience can be really important in getting your foot on the employment ladder, and here at Nick we get hundreds of applications every day from willing folk who want to come in and make their mark.
Unfortunately we can't have you all, and as we're only small, we only have a handful of places each year for people to come in and work with us. Therefore we'd ask you to carefully consider the eligibility below and application rules before applying.
- You need to be over 16 years old, and looking to get a taste of working life for one to four weeks only.
- Our work experience places are unpaid, although we cover expenses, so make sure you've enough in the bank to tide you over.
- Placements usually take place in our Promos department, Props department and Production departments only, (only very rarely do other areas of the business look for people) so an interest in these areas is key.
- You need to apply via this site, uploading your CV and a cover letter.
- Whilst we appreciate if you are 16 you may not have a CV, we think it's important for you to put one together, outlining your skills and education — even if it's something you think unimportant, until you have enough work experience for your CV — put it on there!
- On your cover letter be sure to let us know why you are looking for a placement, what you hope to get out of the placement, what area interests you, and why we should choose you. Remember, you are up against a lot of competition, so make your application stand out!
- If you are looking for a longer internship, unfortunately Nickelodeon won't be able to help you, unless you want to apply for our 12 month internship programme. This is advertised Feb/March each year, and the internships start in August/September.
If you apply for work experience, we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a position arise. If you don't hear from us in that time, please make sure you reapply after this time to refresh you details.