Values and Benefits working for Nickelodeon
Values and Benefits
To help us understand who we are and why we are here, Nick staff had a big old pow-wow and jointly developed a set of statements and values which are designed to give us a clear guide and purpose on what it means to work at Nick.
Our Positioning: If Kids ruled the world...This confirms what makes us unique and sets us apart from our competitors. It is about putting kids truly at the centre of what we do. Being their champion. Not talking down to them. Listening to them and giving them what they want, not what all the grown ups think they want! If kids ruled the world, Nick really would be the best TV channel EVER.
Our purpose: Whatever it takes to make kids smile. The reason we come to work! It's all about going the extra mile, finding out what they REALLY want and giving it to them... x1 million %, with jam on top (sugar free of course!)
Our Brand Values: A set of common values that Nickelodeon is all about and should strive to achieve in everything that we do.
- Playing: doing stuff we like together.
- Laughing: at ourselves and each other.
- Listening: and acting on it.
- Swapping: secrets, stories and ideas.
- Daring: to be different, to be bolder, to surprise.
Apart from the joy of coming to work every day, the benefits package at Nickelodeon includes:
- Holidays — Annual leave entitlement starts at 23 days per annum and increases with service.
- Pension scheme — For all permanent employees, we offer a defined contribution scheme, where both employees and Nickelodeon contribute into your pension plan. Being a member of the scheme also entitles you to enhanced life assurance.
- Private Medical Insurance — You can cover yourself, your partner and your children with the company's medical insurance.
- Life Assurance — As an employee of Nickelodeon, you receive a life assurance package of two times your salary. This is enhanced to four times if you join the pension scheme.
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan — help spread the cost of an annual season ticket/travelcard with a loan from the company, which is then paid back over 12 months via the payroll.
- Sabbatical — after three years service, we offer the chance to take a sabbatical to do something amazing!
- Cable and Satellite contributions — Here at Nickelodeon we love our channels, and we think it's important to support our people in having the Nick channels in their own home to show off our work! So we contribute financially towards those who have Nick on their Cable or Satellite subscription.
The company operates a flexible benefits scheme, where you can take advantage of competitive corporate rate discounts and tax free benefits. These include:
- Tax Free Bikes — you can order a bike from Evans and take advantage of tax breaks for the cost of your bike and equipment.
- Dental Insurance — You can buy cover for yourself, your partner and/or your children at a competitive rate.
- Buy/Sell Holiday — you can choose to increase or decrease your holiday by up to three days a year.
- Travel Insurance — make sure you are not scrabbling around the night before your holiday to book insurance by taking out annual cover, European or Worldwide, including or excluding winter sports, and spread the cost over 12 months.
Keeping fit and healthy
We offer a variety of benefits to help you keep in tip top health! These include:
- Subsidised Gym Membership — Nickelodeon has deals with the Central YMCA (and London Network) and Fitness First, and on top of that we'll pay 25% of the corporate membership fee.
- Health Screening — You can choose to have a one off, top to toe health check to make sure all is in order. You pay £25 and Nick will pay the rest.
- Eye Test — often the clincher in any job offer is the eye test voucher... You can make sure that with all that orange around your eyes are still working properly!
- Employee Assistance Programme — Nickelodeon offer all their employees a free, confidential helpline which can help with a number of areas including financial advice, legal advice and counselling.
Family Friendly benefits
Nickelodeon is all about the kids, and to reflect this in our employment practices, we offer a range of benefits to support those with families. These include:
- Maternity/Adoption Leave — Nickelodeon offer an enhanced maternity package over and above the statutory entitlement once you reach 2 years service with the company.
- Paternity Leave — We offer 2 weeks full paid leave.
- Parental Leave — There is the option to take unpaid time off to help care for your children.
- Flexible Working — Nickelodeon believes that any employees has the right to request to work flexibly, and offer, business needs depending, a variety of options from a flexible start/end time to the working day, to flexibility of hours worked over the week.
- Time off to Care for Dependants — As part of the company's absence policy, we offer a short amount of time off should an emergency occur where you have been left needing to care for one of your children or a dependant.
- Childcare Vouchers — You can buy tax free childcare vouchers each month to take advantage of the tax savings, as well as an easy way to pay your child care.